Map Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania : from special surveys
About this Item
- Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania : from special surveys
- Geil & Freed.
- Freed, Isaac G.
- Barnes, Rufus L.
- Thos. S. Wagner's Lith.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : [Geil & Freed], 1859
- - Blair County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Blair County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Blair County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Blair County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Altoona--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Hollidaysburg--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Tyrone--Maps
- - Altoona (Pa.)--Maps
- - Hollidaysburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Tyrone (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Blair County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Altoona
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Hollidaysburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Tyrone
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map also showing buildings in rural areas, householders' names, and forested areas; real-property tracts, lot numbers, and building coverage also are shown in all the town/village insets (but esp. for Altoona, Hollidaysburg, and Tyrone).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - At foot of statement of attribution: Published by the authors.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1859 by Isaac G. Freed in the ... Eastern District of Penn'a."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets.
- - LC sheets imperfect: Shellacked, halved to enable folding, trimmed, north sheet annotated in brown ink on cloth backing: No. 129. Deposited July 7th 18[2 ciphers trimmed off] Isaac G. Freed; copy 2 not shellacked, not annotated, missing small sections along fold lines.
- - Includes business directories, table of road distances, and ill. of principal buildings.
- - Town and village insets: Altoona -- Hollidaysburg and Gaysport -- Fostoria -- Collinsville -- Frankstown -- Newry -- Charlotteville -- Davidsburg -- Tyrone City -- Williamsburg -- Martinsburg -- Freedom -- Tipton -- Claysburg -- Foot of Ten, Temperanceville, Duncansville.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 712
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 138 x 111 cm., sheets 72 x 119 cm. and 78 x 119 cm., folded to 72 x 60 cm. and 78 x 60 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.B6 1859 .G4
- Copy 3 not on cloth backing, brittle, fold-lined, torn at fold lines, taped, annotated in ink on verso, accompanied by title sheet cut away from another copy.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Geil & Freed, Isaac G Freed, Rufus L Barnes, and Thos. S. Wagner'S Lith. Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania: from special surveys. [Philadelphia: Geil & Freed, 1859] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590183/.
APA citation style:
Geil & Freed, Freed, I. G., Barnes, R. L. & Thos. S. Wagner'S Lith. (1859) Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania: from special surveys. [Philadelphia: Geil & Freed] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590183/.
MLA citation style:
Geil & Freed, et al. Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania: from special surveys. [Philadelphia: Geil & Freed, 1859] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012590183/>.