Map Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania
About this Item
- Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Kennedy, T. J.
- Painter, Samuel Marshall, 1809-1884.
- Bowen, John S.
- Barnes, Rufus L.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : R.L. Barnes, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Chester County (Pa.)--Maps
- - West Chester (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--West Chester--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--West Chester--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chester County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--West Chester
- - General-content county map showing schools, meetinghouses, smithies, inns, post-offices, etc.; does not show landowners'/householders' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township/borough boundaries and territories.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - Former wall map sectioned to 4 quarters.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1847 by S.M. Painter & J.S. Bowen in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Copyright transferred to T.J. Kennedy in the year 1856."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, use-worn, missing small internal sections along cut-lines, annotated in blue/lead pencils on cloth backing, foxed on cloth backing.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 724
- - Includes statistical table, key to abbreviations, col. ill., and embellished map border. Also includes inset of "Borough of West Chester" showing real-property tracts with owners' names in the outer parts of the borough.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 95 x 112 cm., sheets 53 x 63 cm. and 54 x 63 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.C5 1856 .K4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kennedy, T. J, Samuel Marshall Painter, John S Bowen, and Rufus L Barnes. Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: R.L. Barnes, 1856. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590186/.
APA citation style:
Kennedy, T. J., Painter, S. M., Bowen, J. S. & Barnes, R. L. (1856) Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: R.L. Barnes. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590186/.
MLA citation style:
Kennedy, T. J, et al. Map of Chester County, Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: R.L. Barnes, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012590186/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Chester County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; larger real-property tracts with owners' names shown only in West Chester borough inset. Relief shown by hachures. Prime meridian: Washington D.C. "Entered...
- Contributor: Bowen, John S. - Yeager, E. (Edward)
- Date: 1847
MapMap of Chester Co., Pennsylvania. LC Land ownership maps, 725 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Kennedy, T. J.
- Date: 1860
MapMap of Forest County, Pennsylvania. County cadastral map showing warranty-deed tracts, tract numbers, irregular real-property tracts, landowners' names (primarily in oil-speculation areas), some tract acreages, and route of "Proposed Venango R.R." Hand colored to emphasize township areas....
- Contributor: Barnes, Rufus L.
- Date: 1858
MapMap of Warren County, Pennsylvania. County map showing townships, warranty-deed survey tracts, tract numbers, real-property tracts, and tract acreages. Hand col. (watercolors) to emphasize township boundaries. LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, rubber-stamped, foxed, annotated in lead pencil, cover...
- Contributor: Russell, R. R. - Barnes, Rufus L.
- Date: 1865
MapMap of Blair County, Pennsylvania : from special surveys General-content county map also showing buildings in rural areas, householders' names, and forested areas; real-property tracts, lot numbers, and building coverage also are shown in all the town/village insets (but esp. for...
- Contributor: Freed, Isaac G. - Barnes, Rufus L. - Thos. S. Wagner's Lith - Geil & Freed
- Date: 1859