Maps Map of Clinton County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
About this Item
- Map of Clinton County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
- Contributor Names
- Walling, Henry Francis, 1825-1888.
- Volkmar, K.
- Beers, F. W. (Frederick W.)
- Way, Palmer & Co.
- Created / Published
- New York : Way, Palmer & Co., 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Clinton County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Clinton County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Clinton County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Clinton County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lock Haven--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Mill Hall--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Lock Haven--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Mill Hall--Maps
- - Lock Haven (Pa.)--Maps
- - Mill Hall (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Clinton County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lock Haven
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Mill Hall
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Lock Haven and Mill Hall borough insets also show real-property tracts, landowners' names, and building coverage.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - Printed in northern/southern segments (sheets).
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined on cloth backing).
- - LC copies imperfect: Copy 1 sheets thirded to enable folding, fold-lined; copy 2 sheets shellacked, hemmed at edges.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 729
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes statistical table, strait-line distance table, Lock Haven business directory, and indexes of landowners' names for the Lock Haven and Mill Hall insets.
- - Town and village insets (with township names as qualifiers): Lockhaven borough [sic] -- Mill Hall (borough) -- Beech Creek (Beech Creek Town.) -- Charlton (Pine Creek) -- Rauchstown (Crawford) -- Farrandsville (Colebrook) -- Salona (Lamar) -- Hamburg (Lamar) -- Loganville (Green) -- Dunsburg (Woodward) -- Cedar Spring P.O. (Lamar) -- Lockport (Woodward) -- Waynesburg (Wayne) -- Queens Run (Woodward) -- Liberty (Dunstable) -- Centreville (Green) -- YoungWomans Town [sic] (Chapman) -- Hyner's Run (Chapman) -- Rockville (Wayne) -- Tylerville P.O. (Logan) -- Clintonville (Porter Township) -- Washington Furnace (Porter) -- Logan Mills (Logan).
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 136 x 139 cm., sheets 75 x 146 cm. and 70 x 146 cm., folded to 75 x 49 cm. and 70 x 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.C66 1862 .W3
- G3823.C66 1862 .W3 Copy 2 Sectioned to 6 sheets on cloth backing, annotated in gray watercolor on cloth backing: Clinton Co., Pa.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBeers, F. W. (frederick W.)
Walling, Henry Francis
Way, Palmer & Co.
Cities and Towns
Clinton County (pa.)
Lock Haven (pa.)
Mill Hall (pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Walling, Henry Francis, K Volkmar, F. W Beers, and Palmer & Co Way. Map of Clinton County, Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. New York: Way, Palmer & Co, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590187/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Walling, H. F., Volkmar, K., Beers, F. W. & Way, P. &. C. (1862) Map of Clinton County, Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. New York: Way, Palmer & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590187/.
MLA citation style:
Walling, Henry Francis, et al. Map of Clinton County, Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. New York: Way, Palmer & Co, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590187/>.