Maps Map of the county of Luzerne, Pennsylvania
About this Item
- Map of the county of Luzerne, Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Schooley, David, Captain.
- Walling, Henry Francis, 1825-1888.
- McNair & Sturdevant.
- Lacoe & Schooley.
- Created / Published
- New York : Published by Lacoe & Schooley, 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Luzerne County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Lackawanna County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Luzerne County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lackawanna County--Maps
- - Scranton (Pa.)--Maps
- - Carbondale (Pa.)--Maps
- - Pittston (Pa.)--Maps
- - Hazleton (Pa.)--Maps
- - Plymouth (Pa.)--Maps
- - Wilkes-Barre (Pa.)--Maps
- - Kingston (Luzerne County, Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Luzerne County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lackawanna County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Scranton
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Carbondale
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittston
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Hazleton
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Plymouth
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Wilkes-Barre
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; some inset maps show building coverage and owners' names.
- - Hand col. to distinguish minor civil divisions (townships, boroughs, cities).
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Also covers Lackawanna County (detached from the northern part of Luzerne County in 1878).
- - Title from 2nd sheet.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 768
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, missing small sections at sheet edges/margins, cloth hemmed.
- - Includes note, population table, table of anthracite production, table of road distances, and post-office list.
- - Insets: Borough of Scranton, borough of Hyde Park -- City of Carbondale -- Clarks Green (Abington) -- Hendricksburg -- Trucksville (Kingston) -- Milwaukie (Newtown) -- Bailey Hollow (Abington) -- Nanticoke (Hanover) -- Sebastopol (Jenkins) -- Orange (Franklin) -- Borough of Waverly -- Humphreysville (Abingdon) -- Archbald (Blakely) -- Peckville (Blakely) -- Olyphant (Blakely) -- Fleetville (Benton) -- Petersburg (Scranton Bor.) -- Moscow (Madison) -- Inkerman (Jenkins) -- McClellandsville (Dallas P.O.) -- Borough of Dunmore -- Borough of Pittston, borough of West Pittston -- Borough of Providence -- Gouldsborough (Buck) -- Stockton (Hazle) -- Eckley (Foster) -- Borough of Kingston -- Borough of Hazleton -- Jeansville (Hazle) -- Stoddartsville (Buck) -- Borough of White Haven, Middleburg -- Cambra (Huntington) -- Plymouth -- Seybertsville (Sugar Loaf) -- Borough of Wilkesbarre -- Drums (Butler) -- Borough of New Columbus -- Nescopeck (Nescopeck) -- Town Hill (Huntingron) -- Harveyville (Huntington) -- Borough of Shickshinny -- Beach Haven (Salem) -- Conyngham (Sugar Loaf) -- Wyoming (Kingston) -- Huntsville (Jackson).
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 155 x 156 cm., sheets 81 x 56 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.L8 1864 .S3
- G3823.L8 1864 .S3 Copy 2 Has selected place-names underlined in red ink; annotated in blue-pencil serifate lettering on cloth backing: Luzerne Pa.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsLacoe & Schooley
McNair & Sturdevant
Walling, Henry Francis
Kingston (Luzerne County, Pa.)
Lackawanna County (Pa.)
Luzerne County (Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schooley, David, Captain, Henry Francis Walling, Mcnair & Sturdevant, and Lacoe & Schooley. Map of the county of Luzerne, Pennsylvania. New York: Published by Lacoe & Schooley, 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590201/. (Accessed December 02, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Schooley, D., Walling, H. F., Mcnair & Sturdevant & Lacoe & Schooley. (1864) Map of the county of Luzerne, Pennsylvania. New York: Published by Lacoe & Schooley. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590201/.
MLA citation style:
Schooley, David, Captain, et al. Map of the county of Luzerne, Pennsylvania. New York: Published by Lacoe & Schooley, 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590201/>.