Maps Map of Northampton County, Pennsylvania
About this Item
- Map of Northampton County, Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Henry, M. S., active 1850-1854.
- Traubel, M. H. (Morris H.), 1820-1897.
- Camp, John Henry, 1822-1881.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia? : s.n.], 1851
- Subject Headings
- - Northampton County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Northampton County--Maps
- - Easton (Northampton County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Phillipsburg Region (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Northampton County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Easton
- - United States--New Jersey--Phillpsburg Region
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Easton borough inset shows principal buildings with identifying names.
- - Also covers surrounding regions including adjacent part of New Jersey (Phillipsburg region).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and areas.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1850 by M.S. Henry in ... the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, brittle, cracked, trimmed, halved for folding, torn at fold line, cloth hemmed, stained on cloth backing, annotated on cloth backing in gray wash "Northampton Pa." and in ink printing "Northampton Co."
- - Includes text (historical), notes, township statistical table, street-map inset of "Borough of Easton", and landscape ill. (Del. Water Gap).
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 67 x 84 cm., folded to 72 x 46 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.N6 1851 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCamp, John Henry
Henry, M. S.
Traubel, M. H. (Morris H.)
Easton (Northampton County, Pa.)
Northampton County (Pa.)
Phillipsburg Region (N.J.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Henry, M. S., Active, M. H Traubel, and John Henry Camp. Map of Northampton County, Pennsylvania. [Philadelphia?: s.n, 1851] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590206/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Henry, M. S., Traubel, M. H. & Camp, J. H. (1851) Map of Northampton County, Pennsylvania. [Philadelphia?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590206/.
MLA citation style:
Henry, M. S., Active, M. H Traubel, and John Henry Camp. Map of Northampton County, Pennsylvania. [Philadelphia?: s.n, 1851] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012590206/>.