Map Plan of the [posts] adjacent to New Orleans
About this Item
- Plan of the [posts] adjacent to New Orleans
- Lafon, Barthélémy, 1769-1820.
- United States. War Department. Office of the Chief of Engineers.
Created / Published
- - Orleans Parish (La.)--History--War of 1812--Maps
- - United States--Louisiana--Orleans Parish
- Manuscript maps
- - Relief shown pictorially
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - Shows location of posts and ammunition stores in the vicinity of Orleans Parish from Lake Pontchartrain to St. Bernard Parish and from New Orleans to Saint Malo.
- - "Office of chief of engineers, War Department. 58510 470" on verso.
- - Minimal level cataloging record.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 48 x 66 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4013.O7S42 1813 .L3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lafon, Barthélémy, and United States War Department. Office Of The Chief Of Engineers. Plan of the posts adjacent to New Orleans. 1813. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012591005/.
APA citation style:
Lafon, B. & United States War Department. Office Of The Chief Of Engineers. (1813) Plan of the posts adjacent to New Orleans. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012591005/.
MLA citation style:
Lafon, Barthélémy, and United States War Department. Office Of The Chief Of Engineers. Plan of the posts adjacent to New Orleans. 1813. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012591005/>.