Maps Map of Lorain Co., Ohio
About this Item
- Map of Lorain Co., Ohio
- Contributor Names
- Geil, John F.
- Created / Published
- Philada : Matthews & Taintor, 1857.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Ohio--Lorain County--Maps
- - Real property--Ohio--Lorain County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Ohio--Lorain County--Maps
- - United States--Ohio--Lorain County
- Cadastral maps
- - Includes statistical tables, business directories and views of public properties.
- - Insets: Amherstville -- Avon Centre -- Rochester Station -- Grafton Station or Rawsonville -- French Creek -- Wellington -- La Porte -- Oberlin -- Charleston or Black River P.O. -- La Grange Centre -- Elyria.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 646
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : mounted on linen, color ; 143 x 177 cm, sheets 50 x 61 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4083.L7G46 1857 .G4
- G4083.L7G46 1857 .G4 Copy 2 Mounted on cloth backing. 143 x 177 cm, folded to 74 x 61 cm
- G4083.L7G46 1857 .G4 Copy 3 Mounted on cloth backing. 143 x 177 cm, folded to 74 x 61 cm
- G4083.L7G46 1857 .G4 Copy 4 I map on 2 sheets, sheets 73 x 120 cm, folded to 71 x 61 cm
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Geil, John F. Map of Lorain Co., Ohio. Philada: Matthews & Taintor, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012591112/. (Accessed September 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Geil, J. F. (1857) Map of Lorain Co., Ohio. Philada: Matthews & Taintor. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012591112/.
MLA citation style:
Geil, John F. Map of Lorain Co., Ohio. Philada: Matthews & Taintor, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012591112/>.