Maps Map of Nevada County, California /
About this Item
- Map of Nevada County, California /
- Contributor Names
- Hartwell, J. G.
- Galloway Litho. Co.
- Created / Published
- S[an] F[rancisco] : Lith. W.T. Galloway, 1880.
- Subject Headings
- - Nevada County (Calif.)--Maps
- - Real property--California--Nevada County--Maps
- - Landowners--California--Nevada County--Maps
- - United States--California--Nevada County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Cadastral maps showing land ownership, landowners' names, lot numbers, judicial townships, roads, railroads, etc.
- - "Board of Supervisors ... 1880 ... the map of Nevada County compiled by J.G. Hartwell approved and declared to be the official map of Nevada County."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1880 by J.G. Hartwell."
- - Includes index of mining claims and statistical information.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 31
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 95 x 148 cm., sheets 102 x 79 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4363.N4 1880 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hartwell, J. G, and Galloway Litho. Co. Map of Nevada County, California. [San Francisco: Lith. W.T. Galloway, 1880] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592095. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hartwell, J. G. & Galloway Litho. Co. (1880) Map of Nevada County, California. [San Francisco: Lith. W.T. Galloway] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592095.
MLA citation style:
Hartwell, J. G, and Galloway Litho. Co. Map of Nevada County, California. [San Francisco: Lith. W.T. Galloway, 1880] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592095>.