Maps Map of Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
About this Item
- Map of Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
- Contributor Names
- Beers, S. N.
- Beers, F. W. (Frederick W.)
- Prindle, A. B.
- Smith, Gallup & Hewitt.
- F. Bourquin & Co.
- Worley & Bracher.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Smith, Gallupp & Hewitt, publishers, 1862
- Subject Headings
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Business enterprises--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Directories
- - Pittsburgh (Pa.)--Maps
- - Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - Allegheny (Pittsburgh, Pa.)--Maps
- - McKeesport (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
- - United States--Pennsylvania--McKeesport
- - General-content county map showing relief, roads, railroads, place-names, buildings in rural areas, and householders' names in rural areas.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Also covers the Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
- - Former wall map hand col. to emphasize boundaries of minor civil divisions (cities, boroughs, townships).
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by H. & C.T. Smith in the year 1862 in ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on multiple sheets now conjoined; at a later date sectioned to 6 panels (3 panels per present sheet) to enable folding.
- - LC sheets imperfect: Brittle, missing sections at sheet edges, fold-lined, annotated in pencil and ink.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 701
- - Includes 24 insets of towns/villages (including the cities of Pittsburgh, Allegheny, and McKeesport), business directories (some indexed), distance table, statistical table/data, ill., and state coat-of-arms.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 156 x 149 cm., sheets 81 x 153 cm. and 82 x 152 cm., folded to 81 x 53 cm. and 82 x 153 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.A4 1862 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBeers, F. W. (frederick W.)
Beers, S. N.
F. Bourquin & Co.
Smith, Gallup & Hewitt
Worley & Bracher
Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Allegheny (pittsburgh, Pa.)
Allegheny County (pa.)
Cities and Towns
Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Beers, S. N, F. W Beers, A. B Prindle, Gallup & Hewitt Smith, F. Bourquin & Co, and Worley & Bracher. Map of Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. Philadelphia: Smith, Gallupp & Hewitt, publishers, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592151/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Beers, S. N., Beers, F. W., Prindle, A. B., Smith, G. &. H., F. Bourquin & Co & Worley & Bracher. (1862) Map of Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. Philadelphia: Smith, Gallupp & Hewitt, publishers. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592151/.
MLA citation style:
Beers, S. N, et al. Map of Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. Philadelphia: Smith, Gallupp & Hewitt, publishers, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592151/>.