Maps Map of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
About this Item
- Map of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
- Contributor Names
- Lee, Alex. Y.
- Krebs, Otto.
- Created / Published
- Pittsburgh : Otto Krebs, 1883.
- Subject Headings
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Allegheny County (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County--Maps
- - Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Allegheny County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
- - General-content county map showing roads, railroads, place-names, individual buildings in rural areas, and householders' names in rural areas. Does not show property lines or cadastral data.
- - Also covers the Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township, borough, and city boundaries.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1883 by Otto Krebs in the office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - Originally printed on 3 sheets now conjoined.
- - Southern half of map sheet irregularly cut to match the geometrical shape of the county.
- - LC sheets imperfect: Variously fold-lined, halved, annotated in ink on verso.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 702
- - Includes note.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col. ; 143 x 149 cm., sheets 93 x 152 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.A4 1883 .L4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Lee, Alex. Y.
Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Allegheny County (pa.)
Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area
Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area (pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lee, Alex. Y, and Otto Krebs. Map of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. Pittsburgh: Otto Krebs, 1883. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592152/. (Accessed July 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lee, A. Y. & Krebs, O. (1883) Map of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. Pittsburgh: Otto Krebs. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592152/.
MLA citation style:
Lee, Alex. Y, and Otto Krebs. Map of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. Pittsburgh: Otto Krebs, 1883. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592152/>.