Maps Topographical map of Centre Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
About this Item
- Topographical map of Centre Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys
- Contributor Names
- Walling, Henry Francis, 1825-1888.
- H.F. Walling's Map Establishment.
- Created / Published
- New York : S.D. Tilden, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Centre County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Centre County--Maps
- - Bellefonte (Pa.)--Maps
- - Milesburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Philipsburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Unionville (Centre County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Centre County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Centre County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Centre County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bellefonte
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Milesburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philipsburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Unionville
- Topographic maps
- - General-content county map showing physical relief, townships, buildings in rural areas, and householders' names in rural areas; also shows householders' names in borough and village insets.
- - Relief shown by shading, hachures, and form lines.
- - Former wall map.
- - Originally printed on western/eastern sheets (now conjoined and mounted on cloth backing).
- - LC copy imperfect: Lightly stained, missing torn-away section at left center (including small portion of cartographic content), each sheet sectioned to 3 panels to enable folding, annotated in red ink/lead pencil.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 721
- - Includes 2 borough business directories, 4 street-map insets (boroughs of Bellefonte/Milesburg/Philipsburg/Unionville), 17 village insets, distance table, and ill. of county court-house.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 122 x 162 cm., sheets 67 x 162 cm., folded to 67 x 54 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.C4 1861 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsH.F. Walling's Map Establishment
Walling, Henry Francis
Centre County (pa.)
Cities and Towns
Unionville (centre County, Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Walling, Henry Francis, and H.F. Walling'S Map Establishment. Topographical map of Centre Co., Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. New York: S.D. Tilden, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592158/. (Accessed October 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Walling, H. F. & H.F. Walling'S Map Establishment. (1861) Topographical map of Centre Co., Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. New York: S.D. Tilden. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592158/.
MLA citation style:
Walling, Henry Francis, and H.F. Walling'S Map Establishment. Topographical map of Centre Co., Pennsylvania: from actual surveys. New York: S.D. Tilden, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592158/>.