Maps Map of Elk County, Pennsyl'a : 1855 /
About this Item
- Map of Elk County, Pennsyl'a : 1855 /
- Other Title
- Map of Elk County, Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Pattison, H. A.
- Rease, W. H.
- Wagner & M'Guigan.
- Created / Published
- Phil'a [Philadelphia] : Lith. W.H. Rease, 1856.
- [Philadelphia] : Printed by Wagner & McGuigan.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Elk County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Elk County--Maps
- - Warranty of title--Pennsylvania--Elk County--Maps
- - Elk County (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Elk County
- Cadastral maps
- - County cadastral map showing townships, warranty-deed tracts, tract numbers, tract acreages, and initials of warrantees' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township areas.
- - "Compiled from the most recent and authentic surveys. Showing the North Line of Elk County as fixed by the State Commissioners ... approved April 27th A.D. 1855."
- - "Copy Right secured."
- - Printed in western/eastern segments (sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, cracked, fold-lined, cloth hemmed, annotated in inked handwriting on cloth backing: Map of Elk County, Pen'a, 1856.
- - Includes a tabular key giving the full form of the warrantees' names as indicated by the abbreviations and also includes a note describing the adopted route of the "Sunbury & Erie R.R."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 742
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 62 x 93 cm, sheets 69 x 50 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.E4G46 1855 .P4
- G3823.E4G46 1855 .P4 Copy 2 Water-stained on cloth backing.
- G3823.E4G46 1855 .P4 Copy 3 On single sheet, folded to 63 x 50 cm, brittle, severely cracked, soiled, missing small sections, halved.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pattison, H. A, W. H Rease, and Wagner & M'Guigan. Map of Elk County, Pennsyl'a: 1855. [Phil'a Philadelphia: Lith. W.H. Rease, . Philadelphia: Printed by Wagner & McGuigan, 1855] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592174. (Accessed February 12, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Pattison, H. A., Rease, W. H. & Wagner & M'Guigan. (1855) Map of Elk County, Pennsyl'a: 1855. [Phil'a Philadelphia: Lith. W.H. Rease, . Philadelphia: Printed by Wagner & McGuigan] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592174.
MLA citation style:
Pattison, H. A, W. H Rease, and Wagner & M'Guigan. Map of Elk County, Pennsyl'a: 1855. [Phil'a Philadelphia: Lith. W.H. Rease, . Philadelphia: Printed by Wagner & McGuigan, 1855] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592174>.