Maps Topographical map of Sullivan Co., Pennsylvania : from recent and actual surveys and records
About this Item
- Topographical map of Sullivan Co., Pennsylvania : from recent and actual surveys and records
- Contributor Names
- Beers, F. W. (Frederick W.)
- Neumann, Louis E.
- Hart, Chas. (Charles), active 1870-1880.
- A. Pomeroy & Co.
- Created / Published
- New York: A. Pomeroy & Co., 1872
- Subject Headings
- - Sullivan County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Sullivan County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Sullivan County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Laporte--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Dushore--Maps
- - Laporte (Pa.)--Maps
- - Dushore (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Sullivan County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Laporte
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Dushore
- Topographic maps
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Laporte and Dushore insets show residential lots, lot numbers, building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - Relief extensively shown by hachures.
- - Also shows locations of "coal lands", "coal fields", and "iron ore" in various local areas.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1872 by A. Pomeroy & Co. in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington D.C."
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, darkened, missing small sections along inner sheet lines, annotated in margins in ink/lead pencil.
- - Includes historical text, "Table of air-line distances", local business directories, 10 borough/village insets, and ill. of buildings.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 798
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 101 x 106 cm., sheets 53 x 55 cm. and 53 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.S7 1872 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsA. Pomeroy & Co.
Beers, F. W.
Beers, F. W. (Frederick W.)
Hart, Chas. (Charles)
Neumann, Louis E.
Sullivan County (Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Beers, F. W, Louis E Neumann, Chas Hart, and A. Pomeroy & Co. Topographical map of Sullivan Co., Pennsylvania: from recent and actual surveys and records. New York: A. Pomeroy & Co, 1872. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592184/. (Accessed January 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Beers, F. W., Neumann, L. E., Hart, C. & A. Pomeroy & Co. (1872) Topographical map of Sullivan Co., Pennsylvania: from recent and actual surveys and records. New York: A. Pomeroy & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592184/.
MLA citation style:
Beers, F. W, et al. Topographical map of Sullivan Co., Pennsylvania: from recent and actual surveys and records. New York: A. Pomeroy & Co, 1872. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592184/>.