Map Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys
About this Item
- Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys
- Aschbach, G. A.
- Traubel, M. H. (Morris H.), 1820-1897.
Created / Published
- [Allentown] : G.A. Aschbach C.E., 1862
- Borough and village insets (titles abbreviated): Borough of Allentown -- Millerstown -- Borough of Emaus [sic] -- Fogelsville -- New Texas -- Steinsville -- Germansville P.O. -- Borough of Catasauqua -- Lehigh Valley Iron Works and Copley Station -- Saegersville -- Guthsville -- Schnecksville P.O. -- Ironton & vicinity -- Trexlertown -- Orefield and the Orefield mines -- Slatedale P.O. late Labarsville -- Hokendauqua -- Slatington and the adjacent slate quarries -- Siegersville P.O. -- Coopersburg -- Friedensville and the zinc mines -- Bethlehem and vicinity -- Centre Valley.
- - Lehigh County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County--Maps
- - Post office buildings--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Allentown--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bethlehem--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Catasauqua--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Hokendauqua--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Slatington--Maps
- - Allentown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Allentown (Pa.)--Aerial views
- - Bethlehem (Pa.)--Maps
- - Catasauqua (Pa.)--Maps
- - Hokendauqua (Pa.)--Maps
- - Slatington (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map also showing buildings in rural areas and householders' names; some borough insets also show relief with contours, real-property tracts, landowners' names, and building coverage.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township and borough areas.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Differs from other 1862 ed. in having a low-angle "View of Allentown Pa." in the lower margin.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by G.A. Aschenbach in the year 1862 in ... the eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Former wall map originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC Copy 1 imperfect: Brittle, sectioned to 6 large panels to enable folding.
- - Includes text (historical), notes, table of road distances, statistical table (1860 census), ill. of industries/businesses/residences, and low-angle view of Allentown borough.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 766
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 4 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 115 x 145 cm., folded to 53 x 88 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.L6 1862 .A7
- G3823.L6 1862 .A7 Copy 2 Shellacked, sectioned to 6 sheets on cloth backing, annotated in ink on cloth backing "Lehigh" and "Lehigh (Pa.)".
- G3823.L6 1862 .A7 Copy 3 Shellacked, sectioned to 6 sheets on cloth backing, hemmed at outer edges, paper handwritten label "Lehigh Co. Penna." affixed to cloth backing.
- G3823.L6 1862 .A7 Copy 4 On 4 sheets; not hand colored (black-and-white); all illustrations in margins trimmed off; annotated in ink handwriting at foot of title "Received from G.A. Aschbach, May 1866, with PO's marked by [words illegible]"; post-office locations numbered and underlined in red pencil on all sheets; encapsulated.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Aerial Views
- Allentown (Pa.)
- Bethlehem (Pa.)
- Cadastral Maps
- Catasauqua (Pa.)
- Cities and Towns
- Hokendauqua (Pa.)
- Lehigh County
- Lehigh County (Pa.)
- Post Office Buildings
- Real Property
- Slatington (Pa.)
- United States
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Aschbach, G. A, and M. H Traubel. Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Allentown: G.A. Aschbach C.E, 1862] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592186/.
APA citation style:
Aschbach, G. A. & Traubel, M. H. (1862) Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Allentown: G.A. Aschbach C.E] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592186/.
MLA citation style:
Aschbach, G. A, and M. H Traubel. Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania: from original surveys. [Allentown: G.A. Aschbach C.E, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012592186/>.