Maps Hunt's improved map of Venango County oil regions. Improved map of Venango County oil regions
About this Item
- Hunt's improved map of Venango County oil regions.
- Other Title
- Improved map of Venango County oil regions
- Contributor Names
- Hunt, J. P. (John P.)
- Krebs, Otto.
- Created / Published
- Pittsburgh : John P. Hunt, 1865
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Venango County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Venango County--Maps
- - Warranty of title--Pennsylvania--Venango County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Venango County
- Cadastral maps
- - Cadastral map of selected townships (named) showing warranty tracts (numbered) and real-property tracts with owners' names.
- - Does not show oil deposits or wells.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress 1864 by John P. Hunt ... in the Western District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Wrinkled, fold-lined, torn at fold lines, taped on verso, annotated in black ink/lead pencil.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 62 x 71 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.V4G46 1865 .H8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsHunt, J. P.
Hunt, J. P. (John P.)
Warranty of Title
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hunt, J. P, and Otto Krebs. Hunt's improved map of Venango County oil regions. Pittsburgh: John P. Hunt, 1865. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592214/. (Accessed January 16, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Hunt, J. P. & Krebs, O. (1865) Hunt's improved map of Venango County oil regions. Pittsburgh: John P. Hunt. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592214/.
MLA citation style:
Hunt, J. P, and Otto Krebs. Hunt's improved map of Venango County oil regions. Pittsburgh: John P. Hunt, 1865. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592214/>.