Maps Map of Wayne Co., Pennsylvania
About this Item
- Map of Wayne Co., Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- M.S. & E. Converse (Firm)
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : M.S. & E. Converse, 1860.
- Subject Headings
- - Wayne County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Wayne County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Wayne County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Wayne County--Maps
- - Real Property--Pennsylvania--Honesdale--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Hawley--Maps
- - Honesdale (Pa.)--Maps
- - Hawley (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Wayne County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Honesdale
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Hawley
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; real-property lot lines, building coverage, and landowners' names shown in the Honesdale and Hawley insets.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1960 by G.M. Griffith Jr. in ... the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copies imperfect: Brittle, missing small sections, quartered to enable folding.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 819
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, distance table, and ill.
- - Town and village insets: Honesdale -- Hawley -- Ledgedale -- Middle Valley -- Seely Mills -- Equinunk -- Tylerville -- Starrucca -- Bethany -- Damascus -- Waymart -- Prompton -- Milanville -- Beech Pond -- Hollisterville -- Hamilton -- Alderville -- Pleasant Mount -- Tracyville.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 168 x 99 cm., folded to 86 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.W4 1860 .H6
- G3823.W4 1860 .H6 Copy 2 Black-and-white (not hand col.).
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsHopkins, Griffith Morgan
M.S. & E. Converse (Firm)
Cities and Towns
Wayne County (Pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr, and M.S. & E. Converse. Map of Wayne Co., Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: M.S. &E. Converse, 1860. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592225/. (Accessed February 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Hopkins, G. M. & M.S. & E. Converse. (1860) Map of Wayne Co., Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: M.S. &E. Converse. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592225/.
MLA citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr, and M.S. & E. Converse. Map of Wayne Co., Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: M.S. &E. Converse, 1860. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592225/>.