Maps Map of Cumberland County, Maine
About this Item
- Map of Cumberland County, Maine
- Contributor Names
- Chace, J.
- Created / Published
- Portland & Philadelphia : J. Chace Jr., Publisher, 1857.
- Subject Headings
- - Cumberland County (Me.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Maine--Cumberland County--Maps
- - Real property--Maine--Cumberland County--Maps
- - United States--Maine--Cumberland County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 266
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes distance chart, statistics, and illustrations.
- - Insets: Bartol's Point Landing and Village -- Back Cove Village -- Bolsters Mills -- Bridgton Center -- Brunswick -- Casco Village -- Cumberland Center -- Edes Mills -- Falmouth Corner -- Freeport Village -- Gorham Village -- Gray Corner -- Great Falls -- Harraseeket Landing, Freeport -- Harrison Village or head of Long Pond -- Little Falls -- Naples, or foot of Long Pond -- New Glocester Center -- North Bridgton -- North Pownal -- Piscataqua Village , Falmouth -- Plan of Portland --Saccarappa -- Sawyer's Corner -- Standish Corner -- Stevens Plains Village (Westbrook) -- Stroudwater -- Strout's Point Village -- Webbs Mills -- Woodfords Corner -- Upper Glocester -- Yarmouth Village.
- - LC copy sectioned in six and mounted on cloth. Brittle, with some losses.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 146 x 143 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3733.C8 1857 .C4
- G3733.C8 1857 .C4 Copy 2. Uncolored. Imperfect, upper half only, printed on one sheet to be cut apart and assembled.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chace, J. Map of Cumberland County, Maine. Portland & Philadelphia: J. Chace Jr., Publisher, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592364/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Chace, J. (1857) Map of Cumberland County, Maine. Portland & Philadelphia: J. Chace Jr., Publisher. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592364/.
MLA citation style:
Chace, J. Map of Cumberland County, Maine. Portland & Philadelphia: J. Chace Jr., Publisher, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012592364/>.