Maps Map of Rockingham Co., New Hampshire Map of Rockingham County, New Hampshire
About this Item
- Map of Rockingham Co., New Hampshire
- Other Title
- Map of Rockingham County, New Hampshire
- Contributor Names
- Chace, J.
- Smith & Coffin.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by Smith & Coffin, 1857.
- Subject Headings
- - Rockingham County (N.H.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Hampshire--Rockingham County--Maps
- - Real property--New Hampshire--Rockingham County--Maps
- - United States--New Hampshire--Rockingham County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows landowners.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 432
- - Includes statistics, distance chart, business directories, and illustrations.
- - Ancillary maps: Candia Village -- Chester -- Derry East Village -- Derry West Village -- Epping Village -- Exeter Village -- Hampton Village -- Hampton Falls Village -- Kingston Plains -- Newcastle Village -- Newmarket Village -- Newton Village -- Northwood Narrows -- Part of Seabrook enlarged -- Portsmouth City -- Raymond Village -- Seabrook Village -- South Newmarket Village -- Town of Gosport.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy sectioned in six and mounted on two pieces of cloth.
- - LC copy imperfect: horizontal stains, some losses throughout.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 121 x 138 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3743.R6 1857 .C5
- G3743.R6 1857 .C5 Copy 2. Sectioned in six, mounted on two pieces of cloth. Horizontal staining, some losses throughout.
- G3743.R6 1857 .C5 Copy 3. Uncolored. Sectioned in six, four lower sections mounted on two pieces of cloth.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chace, J, and Smith & Coffin. Map of Rockingham Co., New Hampshire. Philadelphia: Published by Smith & Coffin, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593011/. (Accessed December 05, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Chace, J. & Smith & Coffin. (1857) Map of Rockingham Co., New Hampshire. Philadelphia: Published by Smith & Coffin. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593011/.
MLA citation style:
Chace, J, and Smith & Coffin. Map of Rockingham Co., New Hampshire. Philadelphia: Published by Smith & Coffin, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593011/>.