Map New topographical map of Saint Louis, Missouri
About this Item
- New topographical map of Saint Louis, Missouri
- Waagner, Gustavus
Created / Published
- Saint, Louis, Mo. : Schaerff & Bro., 1857.
- - Landowners--Missouri--Saint Louis--Maps
- - Saint Louis County (Mo.)--Maps
- - United States--Missouri--Saint Louis
- Cadastral maps
- Topographic maps
- - Shows names of some residents, towns, houses, river, creeks, etc.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - Copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth back and stained.
- - "Entered according to the act of Congress in the year 1857 by Schaerff & Bro. in the Clerk's office of the District Cout of the U.S. for the Eastern District of Missouri."
- - Includes text and ill.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 406
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 108 x 89 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4163.S35G46 1857 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Waagner, Gustavus. New topographical map of Saint Louis, Missouri. Saint, Louis, Mo.: Schaerff & Bro, 1857. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593041/.
APA citation style:
Waagner, G. (1857) New topographical map of Saint Louis, Missouri. Saint, Louis, Mo.: Schaerff & Bro. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593041/.
MLA citation style:
Waagner, Gustavus. New topographical map of Saint Louis, Missouri. Saint, Louis, Mo.: Schaerff & Bro, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012593041/>.