Maps Map of Hillsdale Co., Michigan
About this Item
- Map of Hillsdale Co., Michigan
- Contributor Names
- Geil and Jones.
- Geil & Harley.
- Worley & Bracher.
- Kellogg & Randall.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Kellogg & Randall, 1857.
- Phila. : F. Bourqin & Co.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Michigan--Hillsdale County--Maps
- - Real property--Michigan--Hillsdale County--Maps
- - United States--Michigan--Hillsdale County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1857 by Samuel Geil in the Clerks Office of District Court of the Eastern Distrcit of Pennsylvania."
- - Includes business directories, distance table, insets of Amboy Center, Jonesville, Moscow, Pittsford, Gambleville, Ransom Center, Moscow, Hillsdale Village, Osseo, Ransom, Camden Center, Allen's Prairie, Reading Village, Litchfield, Mosherville, views of public, residential, and commercial properties.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 331
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into 6 panels to enable folding.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on linen, hand colored ; 139 x 127 cm, sheets 143 x 68 cm, folded to 69 x 49 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4113.H5G46 1857 .G4
- G4113.H5G46 1857 .G4 Copy 2 Hand colored. Mounted on cloth backing. Sheets 70 x 132 cm.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Geil And Jones, Geil & Harley, Worley & Bracher, and Kellogg & Randall. Map of Hillsdale Co., Michigan. Philadelphia: Kellogg & Randall, . Phila.: F. Bourqin & Co, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593149/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Geil And Jones, Geil & Harley, Worley & Bracher & Kellogg & Randall. (1857) Map of Hillsdale Co., Michigan. Philadelphia: Kellogg & Randall, . Phila.: F. Bourqin & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593149/.
MLA citation style:
Geil And Jones, et al. Map of Hillsdale Co., Michigan. Philadelphia: Kellogg & Randall, . Phila.: F. Bourqin & Co, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593149/>.