Map Map of the counties of Washtenaw and Lenawee, Michigan
About this Item
- Map of the counties of Washtenaw and Lenawee, Michigan
- Bechler, Gustavus R.
- Geil, Samuel.
- Worley & Bracher.
- Wenig, E.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Samuel Geil, 1864.
- - Landowners--Michigan--Washtenaw County--Maps
- - Real property--Michigan--Washtenaw County--Maps
- - Landowners--Michigan--Lenawee County--Maps
- - Real property--Michigan--Lenawee County--Maps
- - United States--Michigan--Washtenaw County
- - United States--Michigan--Lenawee County
- - "Worley & Bracher, engs., F. Bourquin & Co. Print."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress A.D. 1876 by Samuel Geil in the year 1863 in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsa."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 361
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, views of business, residential, and public buildings.
- - Insets: Ann Arbor -- Ypsilanti -- Saline -- Chelsea -- Dexter -- Hudson -- Macon (Lex. Co.) -- Manchester -- Rollin P.O. -- Blissfield -- Riga -- Morenci -- Canandaigua -- Medina -- Fairfield -- Ridgeway -- Addison -- Tecumseh -- Clinton -- Adrian -- Hudson -- Palmyra.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into 6 panels to enable folding.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : colored, mounted on cloth backing ; 143 x 143 cm, on sheets 75 x 104 cm and 75 x 51 cm, folded to 75 x 52 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4113.W2G46 1864 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bechler, Gustavus R, Samuel Geil, Worley & Bracher, and E Wenig. Map of the counties of Washtenaw and Lenawee, Michigan. Philadelphia: Samuel Geil, 1864. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593163/.
APA citation style:
Bechler, G. R., Geil, S., Worley & Bracher & Wenig, E. (1864) Map of the counties of Washtenaw and Lenawee, Michigan. Philadelphia: Samuel Geil. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593163/.
MLA citation style:
Bechler, Gustavus R, et al. Map of the counties of Washtenaw and Lenawee, Michigan. Philadelphia: Samuel Geil, 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012593163/>.