Maps Map of Sauk County, Wisconsin /
About this Item
- Map of Sauk County, Wisconsin /
- Contributor Names
- Canfield, Wm. H., 1819-1913.
- Created / Published
- Milwaukee, Wis. : Louis Lipman Practical Lithographer, 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Wisconsin--Sauk County--Maps
- - Real property--Wisconsin--Sauk County--Maps
- - United States--Wisconsin--Sauk County
- Cadastral maps
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1859 by Wm. H. Canfield in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the U.S. for the District of Wisconsin."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1437
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes insets of Sextonville, Ancient Mound, A. Bear, Group of Ancient Mounds, Ancient Earthwork, views of public, residential, and commercial properties.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on linen, hand colored ; 75 x 104 cm, sheets 85 x 57 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4123.S3G46 1859 .C3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Canfield, Wm. H. Map of Sauk County, Wisconsin. Milwaukee, Wis.: Louis Lipman Practical Lithographer, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593174. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Canfield, W. H. (1859) Map of Sauk County, Wisconsin. Milwaukee, Wis.: Louis Lipman Practical Lithographer. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593174.
MLA citation style:
Canfield, Wm. H. Map of Sauk County, Wisconsin. Milwaukee, Wis.: Louis Lipman Practical Lithographer, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593174>.