Maps New map of Grant County, Wisconsin
About this Item
- New map of Grant County, Wisconsin
- Contributor Names
- Gray, Warren.
- Pattengill, G. Delevan.
- Reed Mayer & Co.
- Created / Published
- New York : Reed Mayer & Co., practical lithographers and printers
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Wisconsin--Grant County--Maps
- - Real property--Wisconsin--Grant County--Maps
- - United States--Wisconsin--Grant County
- Cadastral maps
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1868 by G. Delevan Pattengill in the Clerks Office of the District Court for the Southern District of N.Y."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1419
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, insets of Bloomington, Patch Grove, Mt. Hope, Wyalusing, Glenn Haven, Beetown, Montfort, Lancaster, Cassville, Jefferson, Jamestown, Fairplay, Dutch Hollow, Potosi, Hazel Green, Rockville, Platteville, views of public, residential, and commercial properties.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into 6 panels.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : mounted on linen, hand colored ; 163 x 125 cm, sheets 57 x 77 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4123.G6G46 1868 .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gray, Warren, G. Delevan Pattengill, and Reed Mayer & Co. New map of Grant County, Wisconsin. New York: Reed Mayer & Co., practical lithographers and printers, 1868. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593189/. (Accessed December 04, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Gray, W., Pattengill, G. D. & Reed Mayer & Co. (1868) New map of Grant County, Wisconsin. New York: Reed Mayer & Co., practical lithographers and printers. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593189/.
MLA citation style:
Gray, Warren, G. Delevan Pattengill, and Reed Mayer & Co. New map of Grant County, Wisconsin. New York: Reed Mayer & Co., practical lithographers and printers, 1868. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593189/>.