Maps Rice's sectional map of Dakota Territory.
About this Item
- Rice's sectional map of Dakota Territory.
- Other Title
- Sectional map of Dakota Territory
- Contributor Names
- Rice, G. Jay.
- Sturnegk, Fred.
- St. Paul Litho. & Engr. Co.
- Created / Published
- St. Paul, Minn. : St. Paul Lithog. & Eng. Co., 1872.
- Subject Headings
- - Dakota Territory--Maps
- - North Dakota--Maps
- - South Dakota--Maps
- - United States--Dakota Territory
- - United States--North Dakota
- - United States--South Dakota
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows roads, railroads, trails, towns, villages, settlements, and boundary lines across the Dakota Territory.
- - "Draughted by Fred Sturnegk."
- - Originally printed 2 maps 43 x 69 cm. on sheets 48 x 75 cm., sheets joined horizontally to form 1 map.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : cloth backing ; 88 x 69 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4170 1872 .R5
- G4170 1872 .R5 Copy 2.
- G4170 1872 .R5 Copy 3 Hand color; part of map in lower left portion missing.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rice, G. Jay, Fred Sturnegk, and St. Paul Litho. & Engr. Co. Rice's sectional map of Dakota Territory. St. Paul, Minn.: St. Paul Lithog. & Eng. Co, 1872. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593215/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Rice, G. J., Sturnegk, F. & St. Paul Litho. & Engr. Co. (1872) Rice's sectional map of Dakota Territory. St. Paul, Minn.: St. Paul Lithog. & Eng. Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593215/.
MLA citation style:
Rice, G. Jay, Fred Sturnegk, and St. Paul Litho. & Engr. Co. Rice's sectional map of Dakota Territory. St. Paul, Minn.: St. Paul Lithog. & Eng. Co, 1872. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593215/>.