Map Map of the early settlements of Delaware County, Penna.
About this Item
- Map of the early settlements of Delaware County, Penna.
- Smith, George, 1804-1882.
- Ashmead, Henry Buckley.
- Bowen & Co.
Created / Published
- [Philadelphia : H.B. Ashmead, 1862]
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Delaware County--Maps
- - Delaware County (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Delaware county
- - Shows landholders' names and townships (ca. 1790) as after the separation of Delaware County from Chester County in 1789. Does not show boundary lines of real-property tracts.
- - Removed from textual publication: Smith, George, 1804-1882. History of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, 1862. LC classification: F157.D3 S6.
- - Originally designed to fold to 23 x 13 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Annotated in lead pencil in lower margin to give name of the original publication.
- - LC copy accompanied by negative photostat copy.
- - Includes note.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 739
- 1 map : cloth backing ; 36 x 45 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.D4G46 1790 .S6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smith, George, Henry Buckley Ashmead, and Bowen & Co. Map of the early settlements of Delaware County, Penna. [Philadelphia: H.B. Ashmead, 1790] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593312/.
APA citation style:
Smith, G., Ashmead, H. B. & Bowen & Co. (1790) Map of the early settlements of Delaware County, Penna. [Philadelphia: H.B. Ashmead] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593312/.
MLA citation style:
Smith, George, Henry Buckley Ashmead, and Bowen & Co. Map of the early settlements of Delaware County, Penna. [Philadelphia: H.B. Ashmead, 1790] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012593312/>.