Maps Map of Delaware Co. and the city of Philadelphia
About this Item
- Map of Delaware Co. and the city of Philadelphia
- Contributor Names
- G.M. Hopkins & Co.
- Busch, Edward (Engraver)
- Bourquin, F. (Frederick), 1808-
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : G.M. Hopkins & Co., 1876
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Delaware County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Chester--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Delaware County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Chester--Maps
- - Delaware County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Media (Pa.)--Maps
- - Chester (Pa.)--Maps
- - Darby (Pa.)--Maps
- - Drexel Hill (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Delaware County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chester
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Media
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Darby
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Drexel Hill
- Cadastral maps
- - Shows real-property tracts and landowners' names in rural areas of the county and in the Province Island district of Philadelphia.
- - Radial distances shown from Philadelphia City Hall.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Hand col. to distinguish minor civil divisions (townships, boroughs, cities) and numbered wards in Philadelphia.
- - Also shows grounds of "International Exposition" in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1876 by G.M. Hopkins in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington D.C."
- - Includes notes and business directories.
- - Street-map insets: Borough of Media -- Borough of South Chester [now part of Chester city] -- Borough of North Chester, Chester Twp. [now part of Chester city] -- Borough of Darby -- City of Chester -- Taylorville, Upper Darby Twp. [now part of Drexel Hill].
- - LC Land ownership maps, 740
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, use-worn.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 129 x 145 cm., folded in separate cover panels 27 x 27 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.D4G46 1876 .G2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBourquin, F. (frederick)
G.M. Hopkins & Co.
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Delaware County (pa.)
Drexel Hill (pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
G.M. Hopkins & Co, Edward Busch, F Bourquin, and Griffith Morgan Hopkins. Map of Delaware Co. and the city of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: G.M. Hopkins & Co, 1876. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593313/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
G.M. Hopkins & Co, Busch, E., Bourquin, F. & Hopkins, G. M. (1876) Map of Delaware Co. and the city of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: G.M. Hopkins & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593313/.
MLA citation style:
G.M. Hopkins & Co, et al. Map of Delaware Co. and the city of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: G.M. Hopkins & Co, 1876. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593313/>.