Map Map of North America
About this Item
- Map of North America
- Contributor Names
- Smith, J. Calvin (John Calvin)
- Created / Published
- New York : J. Disturnell, 1850.
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps
- - North America
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit & District Court of Detroit in the territority of Michigan by John Farmer AD. 1825."
- - Includes references.
- - LC copy: Copy 1 signed on verso: Millard Fillmore Dec. 24, 1849.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 55 x 49 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1850 .S6
- G3300 1850 .S6 Fil 13 Copy 2 Hand colored. Copy 2 signed on verso: Millard Fillmore
- G3300 1850 .S6 Fil 13 Copy 3 Hand colored. Copy 3 not signed by Fillmore but includes the following title on verso in his hand: Map of North America & gold region of California 1850
- G3300 1850 .S6 Fil 13 Copy 4 Hand colored, mounted on cloth backing. Cover 15 x 10 cm. Copy 4 accompanied by covers. Signed inside cover: M. Fillmore
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit & District Court of Detroit in the territority of Michigan by John Farmer AD. 1825." Includes references. LC copy: Copy 1 signed on verso: Millard Fillmore Dec. 24, 1849. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smith, J. Calvin. Map of North America. New York: J. Disturnell, 1826. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593325/.
APA citation style:
Smith, J. C. (1826) Map of North America. New York: J. Disturnell. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593325/.
MLA citation style:
Smith, J. Calvin. Map of North America. New York: J. Disturnell, 1826. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012593325/>.