Map Map of Virginia and Maryland : constructed from the latest authorities. Virginia & Maryland
About this Item
- Map of Virginia and Maryland : constructed from the latest authorities.
- Virginia & Maryland
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868.
- Young, J. H. (James Hamilton)
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by S. Augustus Mitchell, 1834.
- - Virginia--Maps
- - Maryland--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--District of Columbia--Georgetown (Washington)
- - "J.H. Young Sc."
- - Prime meridian: Washington.
- - Cover title "Virginia & Maryland." Population data for counties in Virgina and Maryland pasted on verso of front cover.
- - Signed inside cover: M. Fillmore, Buffalo N.Y.
- - Includes statistical tables of population according to the census of 1820.
- - Inset: Plan of Washington City & Georgetown.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Annotated in lead pencil in lower left corner on verso: Fillmore Coll. no. 23.
- - Stamped in blue ink on verso: 1372.
- 1 map : hand colored, mounted on cloth backing ; 46 x 57 cm, folded to 13 x 8 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1834 .M5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown (Washington)
- United States
- Washington D.C.
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mitchell, S. Augustus, and J. H Young. Map of Virginia and Maryland: constructed from the latest authorities. Philadelphia: Published by S. Augustus Mitchell, 1834. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593332/.
APA citation style:
Mitchell, S. A. & Young, J. H. (1834) Map of Virginia and Maryland: constructed from the latest authorities. Philadelphia: Published by S. Augustus Mitchell. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593332/.
MLA citation style:
Mitchell, S. Augustus, and J. H Young. Map of Virginia and Maryland: constructed from the latest authorities. Philadelphia: Published by S. Augustus Mitchell, 1834. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012593332/>.