Maps Plan af Kjöbenhavn = Plan of Copenhagen Plan of Copenhagen / Kjöbenhavn
About this Item
- Plan af Kjöbenhavn = Plan of Copenhagen
- Other Title
- Plan of Copenhagen
- Contributor Names
- Emilius Bærentzen & Co.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874.
- Created / Published
- [Copenhagen?] : [publisher not identified], 1853.
- Kjöbenhavn : Chr. Steen & Sön.
- Subject Headings
- - Copenhagen (Denmark)--Maps
- - Fortification--Denmark--Copenhagen--Maps
- - Harbors--Denmark--Copenhagen--Maps
- - Denmark--Copenhagen
- - City street map showing principal buildings, administrative wards, circumferential military fortifications (ramparts/bastions/canals, moats), and port facilities.
- - Title on sheet and index in Danish and English.
- - Signed in ink script on label affixed to cover title panel: City of Copenhagen, Millard Fillmore, May 8th, 1856, No. 36; and on inside of cover: Millard Fillmore, May 8, 1856.
- - Seller's name label affixed to inside of cover.
- - Sheet sectioned to 15 panels to enable folding; cloth hemmed.
- - Includes index to official institutions and points of interest.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : mounted on cloth backing, color ; 34 x 44 cm, folded in pressboard cover 13 x 10 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G6924.C6 1853 .E3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Emilius Bærentzen & Co, and Millard Fillmore. Plan af Kjöbenhavn = Plan of Copenhagen. [Copenhagen?: publisher not identified, . Kjöbenhavn: Chr. Steen & Sön, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593340/. (Accessed January 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Emilius Bærentzen & Co & Fillmore, M. (1853) Plan af Kjöbenhavn = Plan of Copenhagen. [Copenhagen?: publisher not identified, . Kjöbenhavn: Chr. Steen & Sön] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593340/.
MLA citation style:
Emilius Bærentzen & Co, and Millard Fillmore. Plan af Kjöbenhavn = Plan of Copenhagen. [Copenhagen?: publisher not identified, . Kjöbenhavn: Chr. Steen & Sön, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593340/>.