Map Connecticut with portions of New York & Rhode Island.
About this Item
- Connecticut with portions of New York & Rhode Island.
- Contributor Names
- J.H. Colton & Co.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874, collector.
- Created / Published
- New York : Published by J.H. Colton & Co., 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - Connecticut--Maps
- - Long Island (N.Y.)--Maps
- - New York (State)--Maps
- - Hudson River Valley (N.Y. and N.J.)--Maps
- - Rhode Island--Maps
- - United States--Connecticut
- - United States--New York (State)--Long Island
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New York (State)--Hudson River Valley
- - United States--New Jersey--Hudson River Valley
- - United States--Rhode Island
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows Long Island and the Hudson River Valley.
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington D.C.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 31 x 40 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3780 1859 .J2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Hudson River Valley
- Long Island
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York (State)
- Rhode Island
- United States
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co, and Millard Fillmore. Connecticut with portions of New York & Rhode Island. New York: Published by J.H. Colton & Co, 1859. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593353/.
APA citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co & Fillmore, M. (1859) Connecticut with portions of New York & Rhode Island. New York: Published by J.H. Colton & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593353/.
MLA citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co, and Millard Fillmore. Connecticut with portions of New York & Rhode Island. New York: Published by J.H. Colton & Co, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012593353/>.
More Maps like this
MapTravellers map of Long Island. Relief shown in hachures. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Differs from other copy in coloration and boundaries. Map is colored in. Different colors denote...
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1857
MapCity & county map of New-York : Brooklyn, Williamsburgh, Jersey City & the adjacent waters
City and county map of New-York City street map showing built-up areas, streetcar/railroad lines, river piers (numbered, proprietors identified), municipal wards (numbered), and projected street-system grid to the northern end of Manhattan Island.
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co. - Lyne, James - Fillmore, Millard
- Date: 1857
MapLloyd's topographical map of the Hudson River : from the head of navigation at Troy to ...
Topographical map of the Hudson River In the rural land areas the map shows all buildings and householders' names. Relief shown by hachures; harbor depths shown by hachures and soundings. Hand colored to distinguish towns (townships), urban municipalities,...
- Contributor: Fillmore, Millard - Lloyd, James T.
- Date: 1864
MapA diagram of the triangulation for the survey of the coast of the United States made ... Shows triangulation lines connecting base points in southwestern Connecticut, western Long Island, and New York City vicinity. Rubber-stamped at foot of title: Copyright secured according to law. Annotated/signed in ink on verso:...
- Contributor: Fillmore, Millard - United States Coast Survey
- Date: 1834
MapMap of the southern part of the state of New York including Long Island, the Sound, ... Relief shown pictorially. First state. LC copy halved and mounted on cloth. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault
- Contributor: Damerum, William - Maverick, Peter
- Date: 1815