Maps Plan of the Ocean Grove Camp Ground
About this Item
- Plan of the Ocean Grove Camp Ground
- Contributor Names
- F.H. Kennedy & Son.
- Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association.
- Major & Knapp Engraving, Manufacturing & Lithographic Co.
- Created / Published
- [Ocean Grove] : Ocean Grove Camp-Meeting Association, [1870?]
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--New Jersey--Ocean Grove--Maps
- - Ocean Grove (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Ocean Grove
- Cadastral maps
- - Cadastral map of entire town showing residential lot lines and lot numbers. Does not show landowners' names.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - "It gives me great pleasure to state that I have visited the grounds of ... the Association ..., M. Simpson. Philadelphia, February 12, 1870."
- - Hand col. in purple wash to indicate ownership status of lots.
- - Annotated in lead-pencil to show new lots and numbers.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Halved to enable folding, water-stained in small areas, black stain marks.
- - Includes text.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 58 x 66 cm., folded to 74 x 41 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3814.O35G46 1870 .F2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsF.H. Kennedy & Son
Major & Knapp Engraving, Manufacturing & Lithographic Co.
Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association
Ocean Grove (N.J.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
F.H. Kennedy & Son, Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association, and Manufacturing & Lithographic Co Major & Knapp Engraving. Plan of the Ocean Grove Camp Ground. [Ocean Grove: Ocean Grove Camp-Meeting Association, ?, 1870] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593523/. (Accessed February 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
F.H. Kennedy & Son, Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association & Major & Knapp Engraving, M. &. L. C. (1870) Plan of the Ocean Grove Camp Ground. [Ocean Grove: Ocean Grove Camp-Meeting Association, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593523/.
MLA citation style:
F.H. Kennedy & Son, Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association, and Manufacturing & Lithographic Co Major & Knapp Engraving. Plan of the Ocean Grove Camp Ground. [Ocean Grove: Ocean Grove Camp-Meeting Association, ?, 1870] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593523/>.