Map Map of Sussex Co., New Jersey : from actual surveys & records Map of Sussex County, New Jersey
About this Item
- Map of Sussex Co., New Jersey : from actual surveys & records
- Map of Sussex County, New Jersey
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Allen, Carlos.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Carlos Allen, M.D., Publisher, 1860.
- - Sussex County (N.J.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Sussex County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New Jersey--Sussex County--Maps
- - Villages--New Jersey--Sussex County--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--Newton--Maps
- - Newton (N.J.)--Maps
- - Milford (Pike County, Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Sussex County
- - United States--New Jersey--Newton
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Milford (Pike County)
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Newton borough inset also shows building coverage, property lot lines, and occupants' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township boundaries.
- - Prime meridian on north sheet: Washington D.C.; on south sheet: Greenwich.
- - "Founded on the State Geological Survey."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by Carlos Allen M.D. in the year 1860 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, mounted on cloth backing, laminated, sheets thirded to enable folding.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 466
- - Includes municipal statistical table, distance table, 2 small-town insets (Newton, Milford), 19 village insets, key to abbreviations, illustration, and embellished border (berry vine).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : color ; 128 x 117 cm, sheets 70 x 130 cm, folded to 71 x 47 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3813.S9 1860 .H6
- G3813.S9 1860 .H6 Copy 2 Laminated, darkened, mounted on cloth backing, missing small sections of outer margin.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Milford (Pike County)
- New Jersey
- Pike County
- Sussex County
- United States
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr, and Carlos Allen. Map of Sussex Co., New Jersey: from actual surveys & records. Philadelphia: Carlos Allen, M.D., Publisher, 1860. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593681/.
APA citation style:
Hopkins, G. M. & Allen, C. (1860) Map of Sussex Co., New Jersey: from actual surveys & records. Philadelphia: Carlos Allen, M.D., Publisher. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593681/.
MLA citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr, and Carlos Allen. Map of Sussex Co., New Jersey: from actual surveys & records. Philadelphia: Carlos Allen, M.D., Publisher, 1860. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012593681/>.