Maps Map of Durham County, N.C. Durham County, North Carolina
About this Item
- Map of Durham County, N.C.
- Other Title
- Durham County, North Carolina
- Contributor Names
- Johnson, L.
- Cram, George Franklin, 1841-1928.
- Created / Published
- [North Carolina] : L. Johnson, c1887
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--North Carolina--Durham County--Maps
- - Real property--North Carolina--Durham County--Maps
- - Durham County (N.C.)--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina--Durham County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by contours and hachures.
- - Cadastral map showing townships and the names of landowners.
- - "Formed in 1881, from parts of Orange and Wake counties."
- - "Geo. F. Cram, eng. Chicago."
- - Includes advertisements and ill. of: Morris & Son factory, J.S. Carr's residence, E.J. Parrish's residence, Trinity Church, Banner Ware-house, View Main Street, View Mangum Street, Durham Hotel, E. Morehead & Co. bankers, Globe warehouse, Durham Cotton mills, Z.I. Lyon & Co.'s tobacco factory, Blackwell's Co-operative tobacco factory, W. Duke Sons & Co's factory.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 588
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Shellacked, torn in half along horizontal fold, and vertical tear across title in upper margin.
- 1 map : col. ; 77 x 71 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3903.D8G46 1887 .J6
- G3903.D8G46 1887 .J6 Copy 2 Shellacked, torn in half along horizontal fold, and small section of top margin missing.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Johnson, L, and George Franklin Cram. Map of Durham County, N.C. [North Carolina: L. Johnson, 1887] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593703/. (Accessed January 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Johnson, L. & Cram, G. F. (1887) Map of Durham County, N.C. [North Carolina: L. Johnson] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593703/.
MLA citation style:
Johnson, L, and George Franklin Cram. Map of Durham County, N.C. [North Carolina: L. Johnson, 1887] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012593703/>.