Notated Music If he can fight like he can love (good night Germany)
About this Item
- If he can fight like he can love (good night Germany)
- Contributor Names
- Meyer, George W. -- 1884-1959 (composer)
- Rogers, Howard Emmett -- 1890-1971 (lyricist)
- Clarke, Grant (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- 1918, monographic.
- Leo. Feist, Inc.,, New York :, .
- Subject Headings
- - n-us---
- - Popular music -- United States -- 1911-1920
- - World War, 1914-1918 -- Songs and music
- - Uncle Sam (Symbolic character) -- Songs and music
- notated music
- - words by Grant Clarke and Howard E. Rodgers ; music by George W. Meyer. (statement of responsibility)
- - For voice and piano.
- - Title from caption.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. (additional physical form)
- - Staff notation. (language)
- - 3868-2 Leo. Feist, Inc. (music plate)
- 1 score (3 pages) ; 35 cm
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Related Resources
- http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200207486/ (Online at:)
- LC Classification
- M1646 .M
- Online Format
- Notated Music. print | 1 score (3 pages) ; 35 cm | words by Grant Clarke and Howard E. Rodgers ; music by George W. Meyer. (Statement Of Responsibility). For voice and piano. Title from caption. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. (Additional Physical Form). Staff notation. (Language). Print (Form). Unmediated (Form). Volume (Form).
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Meyer, George W, Howard Emmett Rogers, and Grant Clarke. If he can fight like he can love good night Germany. [, monographic. Leo. Feist, Inc.,, New York:, 1918] Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013569517/.
APA citation style:
Meyer, G. W., Rogers, H. E. & Clarke, G. (1918) If he can fight like he can love good night Germany. [, monographic. Leo. Feist, Inc.,, New York:] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013569517/.
MLA citation style:
Meyer, George W, Howard Emmett Rogers, and Grant Clarke. If he can fight like he can love good night Germany. [, monographic. Leo. Feist, Inc.,, New York:, 1918] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013569517/>.