Map A map of Virginia and Maryland Map of Virginia and Maryland
About this Item
- A map of Virginia and Maryland
- Other Title
- Map of Virginia and Maryland
- Contributor Names
- Gavin, H.
- Created / Published
- [Edinburgh?] : [Publisher not identified], [1767?]
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Maryland--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- Early maps
- - Shows towns and rivers east of the Allegheny Mountains.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - From Geographical and Historical Grammer of the World (Edinburgh: Salmon, Sands, Murray and Cochran; 1767).
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1391
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Overall discoloration, liquid staining, wormholes, and spotting throughout.
- - On sticker on verso upper left corner: 326/2.
- 1 map ; 15 x 19 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1767 .G3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows towns and rivers east of the Allegheny Mountains. Relief shown by hachures. From Geographical and Historical Grammer of the World (Edinburgh: Salmon, Sands, Murray and Cochran; 1767). Prime meridian: London. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1391 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC copy imperfect: Overall discoloration, liquid staining, wormholes, and spotting throughout. On sticker on verso upper left corner: 326/2.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gavin, H. A map of Virginia and Maryland. [Edinburgh?: Publisher not identified, ?, 1767] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013587749/.
APA citation style:
Gavin, H. (1767) A map of Virginia and Maryland. [Edinburgh?: Publisher not identified, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013587749/.
MLA citation style:
Gavin, H. A map of Virginia and Maryland. [Edinburgh?: Publisher not identified, ?, 1767] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013587749/>.
More Maps like this
MapA map of the western parts of the colony of Virginia Shows forts, trails, waterfalls, general locations of Native American tribes. Covers from Lake Ontario southwest to the New River. Relief shown by contours and pictorially. Prime meridian: Ferro. From The London Magazine...
- Contributor: Gibson, J. - Gibson, J. (John) - Baldwin, R. (Robert)
- Date: 1754
MapPotomack Covers the Potomac River (estuary and river), its tributaries, and the Rappahannock River. Also covers "The Northern Neck of Virginia". Title from annotation on verso. Gift; Robert Lee Brown, Woodville, Va.; October...
- Contributor: Booth, Robert
- Date: 1770
MapA map of Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland with part of New Jersey &c. Shows provinces, coastal towns and a few frontier settlements, Indian villages and tribal territory, English "Factories" among the Indians, mines, rivers, numerous place-names. Covers also part of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Louisiana, and Arkansas....
- Contributor: Baldwin, R. (Robert)
- Date: 1755
MapA map of the United States of America, as settled by the peace of 1783. Relief shown pictorially. Covers the area east of the Mississippi River from Canada to Florida. In the middle upper margin: European magazine. From volume 4 of the European magazine and London review....
- Contributor: Fielding, John
- Date: 1783
MapA new map of North America, shewing the advantages obtain'd therein to England by the peace Relief shown pictorially. Shows the area from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi River to the Chesapeake Bay. Accompanied by text: A succinct account of the countries ceded to...
- Date: 1763