Map Daily Mail world map of war and commerce World map of war and commerce
About this Item
- Daily Mail world map of war and commerce
- Other Title
- World map of war and commerce
- Contributor Names
- George Philip & Son.
- London Geographical Institute.
- Created / Published
- [London?] : George Philip & Son, [1917?]
- Subject Headings
- - Commerce--Maps
- - World War, 1914-1918--Maps
- - Earth (Planet)
- World maps
- - Includes color illustrations, charts, and list of the distribution of British fleets in 1914.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy sectioned in two and mounted on cloth.
- 1 map : color ; 48 x 97 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3201.Q1 1917 .G4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Includes color illustrations, charts, and list of the distribution of British fleets in 1914. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC copy sectioned in two and mounted on cloth.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
George Philip & Son, and London Geographical Institute. Daily Mail world map of war and commerce. [London?: George Philip & Son, ?, 1917] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593057/.
APA citation style:
George Philip & Son & London Geographical Institute. (1917) Daily Mail world map of war and commerce. [London?: George Philip & Son, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593057/.
MLA citation style:
George Philip & Son, and London Geographical Institute. Daily Mail world map of war and commerce. [London?: George Philip & Son, ?, 1917] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593057/>.
More Maps like this
MapThe Daily Telegraph map of the world on Mercator's projection
Map of the world on Mercator's projection Shows events of World War I. Insets: Belgian possessions, Dutch " -- French possessions -- Italian possessions, Portuguese " -- Panama Canal -- Suez Canal -- United States possessions. Available also through...
- Contributor: Geographia Ltd - Gross, Alexander
- Date: 1918
MapHere are the Kaiser's war plans : National Security League's warning to thoughtful Americans : how ...
How Germany wanted the world to look Shows the world excluding the poles and the western half of North America. "By courtesy of the New York World, from the World Sunday Magazine, October 28, 1917." Includes index to quotes...
- Contributor: National Security League
- Date: 1917
MapThe blood-red world : map showing territory of the Earth directly affected by the Great War. "Supplement to the Watchman, November 1914." Includes statistical chart. Publisher information on verso. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Southern Publishing Association
- Date: 1914
MapTransport links North America to Asia. Scale ca. 1:10,000,000. "Map no. 840." "Confidential." Shows period when ports are ice free. LC copy annotated by colored tapes. Typed note pasted on: For Secretary of the Interior Harold L. Ickes...
- Contributor: United States. Office of Strategic Services. Research and Analysis Branch. Geography Division - Ickes, Harold L. (Harold Leclair) - United States. Board of Economic Warfare
- Date: 1942
MapWorld. Relief shown by hachures. Box title. Alternate title: The world on Mercator's projection. Accompanied by: The world on Mercator's projection. 1 map : col. ; 29 x 44 cm. LC copy imperfect:...
- Contributor: Philip & Tacey Ltd
- Date: 1840