Map Map of Cook County, Illinois
About this Item
- Map of Cook County, Illinois
- Flower, W. L. (Surveyor)
- Mendel, Edward, 1827-1884.
Created / Published
- Chicago : S. H. Burhans & J. Van Vechten, 1861.
- - Landowners--Illinois--Cook County--Maps
- - Real property--Illinois--Cook County--Maps
- - United States--Illinois--Cook County
- - "Engraved, printed, colored, & mounted by Edw. Mendel."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 104
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, list of Post Offices in the Cook County, views of residential, public, and business views.
- - Insets: Plat of Taylorsport -- Plat of Evaston -- Plat of Forestville -- Plat of Henrytown -- Plat of Lake View -- Plat of Long John -- Diagram of the State of Illinois -- Plat of Matteson -- Plat of Cazenovia -- Plat of Winetka -- Plat of Athens -- Plat of Calumet -- Plat of Thornton -- Plat Bremen -- Plat of Hyde Park -- Plat of Dea Plaines -- Plat of Hartford -- Plat of Thornton Station -- Plat of Brickton -- Plat of Andersonville -- Map of Blue Island -- Plat of Brighton -- Plat of Wheeling -- Plat of Minnehaha -- Plat of Canfield -- Plat of Barrington -- Keepotaw & vicinity --
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into 6 panels to enable folding.
- 1 map on 3 sheets : hand colored, mounted on cloth backing ; 157 x 146 cm, on sheets 62 x 154 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4103.C7G46 1861 .F6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Flower, W. L, and Edward Mendel. Map of Cook County, Illinois. Chicago: S. H. Burhans & J. Van Vechten, 1861. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593074/.
APA citation style:
Flower, W. L. & Mendel, E. (1861) Map of Cook County, Illinois. Chicago: S. H. Burhans & J. Van Vechten. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593074/.
MLA citation style:
Flower, W. L, and Edward Mendel. Map of Cook County, Illinois. Chicago: S. H. Burhans & J. Van Vechten, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593074/>.