Maps Map of Kane County, Illinois
About this Item
- Map of Kane County, Illinois
- Contributor Names
- Mann, Adin.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Matthews, Crane & Co. Publishers, S.H. Matthews, F.C. Crane, Geo. Kimball, 1860.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Illinois--Kane County--Maps
- - Real property--Illinois--Kane County--Maps
- - United States--Illinois--Kane County
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by Matthews, Crane & Co. in the year 1860 in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 119
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, distance table, statistical table (census 1860), views of business, and public buildings.
- - Insets: Dundee -- Carpenterville -- Burlington -- Clinton -- Lode -- Blackberry Station -- Kaneville -- Montgomery -- City of Elgin -- St. Charles -- Geneva -- Batavia -- City of Aurora.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into 2 panels to enable folding.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand colored ; 140 x 133 cm, sheets 73 x 138 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4103.K2G46 1860 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mann, Adin. Map of Kane County, Illinois. Philadelphia: Matthews, Crane & Co. Publishers, S.H. Matthews, F.C. Crane, Geo. Kimball, 1860. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593077/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Mann, A. (1860) Map of Kane County, Illinois. Philadelphia: Matthews, Crane & Co. Publishers, S.H. Matthews, F.C. Crane, Geo. Kimball. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593077/.
MLA citation style:
Mann, Adin. Map of Kane County, Illinois. Philadelphia: Matthews, Crane & Co. Publishers, S.H. Matthews, F.C. Crane, Geo. Kimball, 1860. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593077/>.