Maps Map of Kent County, Delaware : from actual surveys
About this Item
- Map of Kent County, Delaware : from actual surveys
- Contributor Names
- French, J. H. (John Homer), 1824-1888.
- Skinner, J. L., C.E.
- Byles, A. D.
- R.P. Smith's Map Manufactory.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by A.D. Byles, 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - Kent County (Del.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Delaware--Kent County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Delaware--Kent County--Maps
- - Villages--Delaware--Kent County--Maps
- - Real property--Delaware--Dover--Maps
- - Real property--Delaware--Milford--Maps
- - Real property--Delaware--Smyrna--Maps
- - Real property--Delaware--Camden--Maps
- - Real property--Delaware--Frederica--Maps
- - Dover (Del.)--Maps
- - Milford (Del.)--Maps
- - Smyrna (Del.)--Maps
- - Camden (Del.)--Maps
- - Frederica (Del.)--Maps
- - United States--Delaware--Kent County
- - United States--Delaware--Dover
- - United States--Delaware--Milford
- - United States--Delaware--Smyrna
- - United States--Delaware--Camden
- - United States--Delaware--Frederica
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map showing hundreds (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names; the town insets show real-property tracts (lots), building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize hundred boundaries/territories and insets.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by J.H. Byles in the year 1859 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, cracked, darkened, cloth hemmed at outer edges.
- - Includes statistical table, local business directories, and 11 town/village insets (including Dover, Milford, Smyrna, Camden, Frederica).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 69
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand col., cloth backing, encapsulated ; 148 x 130 cm., sheets 40 x 67 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3833.K4 1859 .F7
- G3833.K4 1859 .F7 Copy 2 On 3 sheets, 2 of which are halved/thirded and folded.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsByles, A. D.
French, J. H.
French, J. H. (john Homer)
R.P. Smith's Map Manufactory
Skinner, J. L.
Cities and Towns
Kent County (del.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
French, J. H, J. L Skinner, A. D Byles, and R.P. Smith'S Map Manufactory. Map of Kent County, Delaware: from actual surveys. Philadelphia: Published by A.D. Byles, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593082/. (Accessed August 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
French, J. H., Skinner, J. L., Byles, A. D. & R.P. Smith'S Map Manufactory. (1859) Map of Kent County, Delaware: from actual surveys. Philadelphia: Published by A.D. Byles. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593082/.
MLA citation style:
French, J. H, et al. Map of Kent County, Delaware: from actual surveys. Philadelphia: Published by A.D. Byles, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593082/>.