Map Map of New Castle County, Delaware : from original surveys
About this Item
- Map of New Castle County, Delaware : from original surveys
- Contributor Names
- Rea, Samuel M.
- Price, Jacob.
- Riddle, George Read, 1817-1867.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Smith & Wistar.
- Rea & Price.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Smith & Wistar, 1849.
- Subject Headings
- - New Castle County (Del.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Delaware--New Castle County--Maps
- - School districts--Delaware--New Castle County--Maps
- - Wilmington (Del.)--Maps
- - United States--Delaware--New Castle County
- - United States--Delaware--Wilmington
- - General-content county map showing hundreds (townships), school districts, rural buildings, and householders' names; Wilmington inset shows built-up areas.
- - Hand col. to emphasize city/hundred boundaries.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1848 by Robert P. Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined on cloth backing).
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, darkened, missing small sections at edges.
- - Includes note, statistical table, and ill.
- - Inset: Plan of the city of Wilmington / compiled from surveys by G.R. Riddle C.E. 1847, reduction by Rea and Price.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 70
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 120 x 82 cm., folded to 65 x 47 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3833.N4 1849 .R4
- G3833.N4 1849 .R4 Copy 2 Not hand col. (black-and-white), has adhesive labels affixed, trimmed, portions of northeastern sheet cut away.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rea, Samuel M, Jacob Price, George Read Riddle, Robert Pearsall Smith, Smith & Wistar, and Rea & Price. Map of New Castle County, Delaware: from original surveys. Philadelphia: Smith & Wistar, 1849. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593084/.
APA citation style:
Rea, S. M., Price, J., Riddle, G. R., Smith, R. P., Smith & Wistar & Rea & Price. (1849) Map of New Castle County, Delaware: from original surveys. Philadelphia: Smith & Wistar. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593084/.
MLA citation style:
Rea, Samuel M, et al. Map of New Castle County, Delaware: from original surveys. Philadelphia: Smith & Wistar, 1849. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593084/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of New Castle County, Delaware : from actual surveys & recotds General-content county map showing hundreds (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names; city insets (save Wilmington) show real-property tracts (lots), building coverage, and some owners' names. Hand col. to emphasize city/hundred boundaries and...
- Contributor: G.M. Hopkins & Co. - Walter S. Mac Cormac & Co. - Bourquin, F. (Frederick) - Hopkins, Griffith Morgan
- Date: 1881
MapA map of the counties of Salem and Gloucester, New Jersey : from actual surveys Wall map showing roads, buildings, and landholders' names. Relief shown by hachures. Prime meridian: Washington D.C. "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1849 by Smith & Wistar in the...
- Contributor: Rea, Samuel M. - Smith & Wistar - Keily, James
- Date: 1849
MapMap of Genesee County, New York : from actual surveys General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names. Hand colored to emphasize town (township) and incorporated village boundaries. Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year...
- Contributor: Otley, J. W. - Rea, Samuel M. - Smith, Robert Pearsall - Gillette, John E.
- Date: 1854
MapMap of Chautauque County, New York : from actual surveys Shows landowners. LC Land ownership maps, 480 Includes statistics and illustrations. Ancillary maps: Forestville -- Fredonia -- Jamestown -- Panama -- Plan of Dunkirk -- Plan of Mayville -- Silver Creek Village...
- Contributor: Rea, Samuel M.
- Date: 1854
MapMap of Chemung County, New York : from actual surveys Relief shown by hachures. Shows landowners. LC Land ownership maps, 481 Includes statistics and illustrations. Ancillary maps: Plan of Elmira -- Plan of Havana -- Plan of Horse Heads -- Plan of...
- Contributor: Rea, Samuel M.
- Date: 1853