Maps Map of Pike County, Illinois
About this Item
- Map of Pike County, Illinois
- Contributor Names
- Holmes & Arnold.
- Created / Published
- Buffalo, N.Y. : Holmes & Arnold, Civil Engineers & Map Publishers, 1860.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Illinois--Pike County--Maps
- - Real property--Illinois--Pike County--Maps
- - United States--Illinois--Pike County
- Cadastral maps
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress AD1860 by Holmes & Arnold in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Northern District of New York."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 129
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, views of public, residential, and commercial properties.
- - Insets: Criggsville -- Barry -- Kinderhook -- El Dara -- Perry -- Chambersburgh -- Pleasant Hill -- Milton -- State of Illinois.
- - LC copy hand colored and mounted on linen.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on cloth, color ; 135 x 153 cm, sheets 71 x 157 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4103.P6G46 1860 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Holmes & Arnold. Map of Pike County, Illinois. Buffalo, N.Y.: Holmes & Arnold, Civil Engineers & Map Publishers, 1860. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593092/. (Accessed December 04, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Holmes & Arnold. (1860) Map of Pike County, Illinois. Buffalo, N.Y.: Holmes & Arnold, Civil Engineers & Map Publishers. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593092/.
MLA citation style:
Holmes & Arnold. Map of Pike County, Illinois. Buffalo, N.Y.: Holmes & Arnold, Civil Engineers & Map Publishers, 1860. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593092/>.