Map General descriptive map of Anderson County, S.C Descriptive map of Anderson County, S.C. / Map of Anderson County, S.C.
About this Item
- General descriptive map of Anderson County, S.C
- Descriptive map of Anderson County, S.C.
- Map of Anderson County, S.C.
- Pegg, S. M.
- Von Hasseln, J. H.
- Brown, George B.
Created / Published
- [Anderson, S.C.?] : S.M. Pegg, 1877.
- New York : Printed by Charles Hart, 1877.
- - Anderson County (S.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--South Carolina--Anderson County--Maps
- - Landowners--South Carolina--Anderson County--Maps
- - United States--South Carolina--Anderson County
- Cadastral maps
- - Shows residences, cemeteries, churches, mills/factories, Masonic lodges, islands, post offices, public roads, railroads, proposed railroads, drainage, towns, townships, and landowners.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward upper right.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress, in the year 1877, by S.M. Pegg in the office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - "Pen drawing outlines by J.H. von Hasseln, inside lettering by Geo. E. Brown, title, margin, and marginal notes by Rev. H.F. Chreitzberg, Jas. M Cathcart assisted."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 832
- - Includes notes and text in margins giving history, description, names and statistics.
- - LC Copy imperfect: Two sheets joined together, shellacked, darkended along top margin, small holes lower left corner with minor losses, torn along center fold-lined with minor losses, and mounted on cloth.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : color ; 68 x 90 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3913.A6G46 1877 .P4
- G3913.A6G46 1877 .P4 Copy 2 Discoloration along edges, shellacked, torn along center fold-lined vertically and horizontally with minor losses, torn with minor losses along edges, in mylar, andmounted on cloth.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pegg, S. M, J. H Von Hasseln, and George B Brown. General descriptive map of Anderson County, S.C. [Anderson, S.C.?: S.M. Pegg, . New York: Printed by Charles Hart, 1877] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593118/.
APA citation style:
Pegg, S. M., Von Hasseln, J. H. & Brown, G. B. (1877) General descriptive map of Anderson County, S.C. [Anderson, S.C.?: S.M. Pegg, . New York: Printed by Charles Hart] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593118/.
MLA citation style:
Pegg, S. M, J. H Von Hasseln, and George B Brown. General descriptive map of Anderson County, S.C. [Anderson, S.C.?: S.M. Pegg, . New York: Printed by Charles Hart, 1877] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593118/>.