Maps Map of Fairfield Co., South Carolina Fairfield County, South Carolina
About this Item
- Map of Fairfield Co., South Carolina
- Other Title
- Fairfield County, South Carolina
- Contributor Names
- Elkin, William B. (William Barnes)
- Elkin, B. E. (Balis Earl)
- J.L. Smith Co.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : J.L. Smith, 1876.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--South Carolina--Fairfield County--Maps
- - Landowners--South Carolina--Fairfield County--Maps
- - Fairfiled County (S.C.)--Maps
- - United States--South Carolina--Fairfield County
- Cadastral maps
- - Shows names of landowners.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1875 by Balis Earl Elkin & Wm. Barnes Elkin in the Office of Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - "869 square miles."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 836
- - Includes table of 1875 population statistics.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, losses along edges and mounted on cloth.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 83 x 88 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3913.F3 1876 .E5
- G3913.F3 1876 .B4 Copy 2. Hand colored. Shellacked, staining in right margin, mounted on cloth.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsElkin, E. (Balis Earl)
Elkin, William (William Barnes)
J.L. Smith Co.
Fairfiled County (S.C.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Elkin, William B, B. E Elkin, and J.L. Smith Co. Map of Fairfield Co., South Carolina. Philadelphia: J.L. Smith, 1876. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593122/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Elkin, W. B., Elkin, B. E. & J.L. Smith Co. (1876) Map of Fairfield Co., South Carolina. Philadelphia: J.L. Smith. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593122/.
MLA citation style:
Elkin, William B, B. E Elkin, and J.L. Smith Co. Map of Fairfield Co., South Carolina. Philadelphia: J.L. Smith, 1876. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593122/>.