Map A plan or map of the Solar System projected for schools & academies
About this Item
- A plan or map of the Solar System projected for schools & academies
- Colby, Hall.
- Jones & Newman.
Created / Published
- Rochester, N.Y. : [Publisher not identified], 1846.
- [New York] : Lith. of E. Jones & G.W. Newman, 
- - Solar system--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Astronomy--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Planets--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Solar system
- Celestial charts
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1846, by Hall Colby, in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the United States for the Northern District of New York."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy annotated in black ink in lower right margin: Deposited Oct. 8, 1846.
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, use-worn, cracked along fold lines, and mounted on cloth.
- 1 chart : color ; 51 x 50 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3180 1846 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact OGC@loc.gov with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Colby, Hall, and Jones & Newman. A plan or map of the Solar System projected for schools & academies. [Rochester, N.Y.: Publisher not identified, . New York: Lith. of E. Jones & G.W. Newman, 1846] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593145/.
APA citation style:
Colby, H. & Jones & Newman. (1846) A plan or map of the Solar System projected for schools & academies. [Rochester, N.Y.: Publisher not identified, . New York: Lith. of E. Jones & G.W. Newman] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593145/.
MLA citation style:
Colby, Hall, and Jones & Newman. A plan or map of the Solar System projected for schools & academies. [Rochester, N.Y.: Publisher not identified, . New York: Lith. of E. Jones & G.W. Newman, 1846] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593145/>.