Map Map of Vigo County, Indiana
About this Item
- Map of Vigo County, Indiana
- Walling, Henry Francis, 1825-1888.
Created / Published
- Hamilton, O. : Wm. C. Peckham, 1858.
- - Landowners--Indiana--Vigo County--Maps
- - Real property--Indiana--Vigo County--Maps
- - United States--Indiana--Vigo County
- Cadastral maps
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1858 by H.F. Walling in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 174
- - Includes business directories.
- - Insets: City of Terre Haute -- Prairieton -- Lockport (Riley) -- Harrison -- Sanford (Fayette) -- New Goshen -- Tecumseh -- Middletown -- Hartford -- Centreville.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into 6 panels to enable folding.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand colored ; 123 x 145 cm, sheets 66 x 154 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4093.V5G46 1858 .W3
- G4093.V5G46 1858 .W3 Copy 2 Sectioned to 6 sheets, mounted on cloth backing. Sheets 63 x 50 cm
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Walling, Henry Francis. Map of Vigo County, Indiana. Hamilton, O.: Wm. C. Peckham, 1858. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593168/.
APA citation style:
Walling, H. F. (1858) Map of Vigo County, Indiana. Hamilton, O.: Wm. C. Peckham. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593168/.
MLA citation style:
Walling, Henry Francis. Map of Vigo County, Indiana. Hamilton, O.: Wm. C. Peckham, 1858. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593168/>.