Maps The East Indies with the roads
About this Item
- The East Indies with the roads
- Contributor Names
- Jefferys, Thomas, -1771.
- Kitchin, Thomas, 1718-1784.
- Created / Published
- London : Published ... by Robt. Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street, 30th Apr. 1768.
- Subject Headings
- - India--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - India
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridians: London and Ferro.
- - Appears in multipe editions, from 1773 onward, of Kitchin's A general atlas, describing the whole universe.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy hand colored. On four sheets, intended to be pasted together. Sheets folded in half, with some splitting and losses along folds.
- 1 map ; 107 x 138 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7650 1768 .J4
- G7650 1768 .J4 Copy 2. Uncolored. Upper two sheets and lower two sheets pasted together. Dealer's notes indicates map removed from 1782 edition of the atlas.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jefferys, Thomas, -1771, and Thomas Kitchin. The East Indies with the roads. London: Published ... by Robt. Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street, 30th Apr, 1768. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593205/. (Accessed July 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Jefferys, T. & Kitchin, T. (1768) The East Indies with the roads. London: Published ... by Robt. Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street, 30th Apr. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593205/.
MLA citation style:
Jefferys, Thomas, -1771, and Thomas Kitchin. The East Indies with the roads. London: Published ... by Robt. Sayer, No. 53 in Fleet Street, 30th Apr, 1768. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593205/>.