Map Map of Cayuga and Seneca counties, New York
About this Item
- Map of Cayuga and Seneca counties, New York
- Gray, O. W. (Ormando Wyllis), 1829-1912.
- Lothrop, G. D.
- Dawson, A. R. Z.
- Gillette, John E.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by A.R.Z. Dawson, 1859.
- - Cayuga County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Seneca County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Cayuga County--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Seneca County--Maps
- - Auburn (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Seneca Falls (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Waterloo (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Auburn--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Seneca Falls--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Waterloo--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Cayuga County
- - United States--New York (State)--Seneca County
- - United States--New York (State)--Auburn
- - United States--New York (State)--Seneca Falls
- - United States--New York (State)--Waterloo
- Cadastral maps
- - General content county map showing towns (townships), numbered town sections, and rural buildings with householders' names. The city insets also show individual buildings and lot/tract lines (but not landowners' names).
- - Hand colored to emphasize towns, incorporated villages/cities, and insets.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Assist. publishers I.D. Peck, S. Willard Treat, A.Y. Peck, C.O. Titus, J.H.C. Dawson, L.G. Dawson."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by John E. Gillette in the year 1859 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, missing small internal sections, both sheets thirded to enable folding, mounted on cloth backing.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 479
- - Includes distance table, local business directories, numerous insets of cities/villages (including the cities of Auburn, Seneca Falls, Waterloo), and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : color ; 148 x 147 cm, folded to 79 x 51 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.C3 1859 .G7
- G3803.C3 1859 .G7 Copy 2 has only the town boundaries hand colored, the insets are not colored, also on 2 sheets.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gray, O. W, G. D Lothrop, A. R. Z Dawson, and John E Gillette. Map of Cayuga and Seneca counties, New York. Philadelphia: Published by A.R.Z. Dawson, 1859. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593221/.
APA citation style:
Gray, O. W., Lothrop, G. D., Dawson, A. R. Z. & Gillette, J. E. (1859) Map of Cayuga and Seneca counties, New York. Philadelphia: Published by A.R.Z. Dawson. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593221/.
MLA citation style:
Gray, O. W, et al. Map of Cayuga and Seneca counties, New York. Philadelphia: Published by A.R.Z. Dawson, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593221/>.