Map Map of Ontario County, New York
About this Item
- Map of Ontario County, New York
- Beers, S. N.
- Beers, D. G. (Daniel G.)
- Dawson, A. R. Z.
- Gillette, John E.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by A.R.Z. Dawson, 1859.
- - Ontario County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Ontario County (N.Y.)--Surveys--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Ontario County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Ontario County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Ontario County--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Canandaigua--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Geneva--Maps
- - Canandaigua (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Geneva (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Ontario County
- - United States--New York (State)--Canandaigua
- - United States--New York (State)--Geneva
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), numbered town survey divisions, rural buildings, and rural householders' names; the Canandaigua/Geneva insets show residential lots, lot numbers, land tracts, building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town boundaries.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by John E. Gillette in the year 1859 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 6 sheets (later conjoined to form single sheet on cloth backing).
- - Printed in western/eastern segments (2 sheets) and mounted on cloth backing.
- - LC copy imperfect: Darkened, brittle, missing small sections along edges, halved (the 2 resulting sheets thirded to enable folding).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 534
- - Includes distance table, local business directories, 28 village/city insets (including Canandaigua and Geneva), and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets: color ; 152 x 148 cm, folded to 54 x 75 cm and 54 x 76 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.O4 1859 .B4
- G3803.O4 1859 .B4 Copy 2 Also printed on 2 folding sheets (each thirded); hand colored to emphasize town boundaries and some town territories; some village insets also hand colored; less darkened than other copy; trimmed.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Beers, S. N, D. G Beers, A. R. Z Dawson, and John E Gillette. Map of Ontario County, New York. Philadelphia: Published by A.R.Z. Dawson, 1859. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593229/.
APA citation style:
Beers, S. N., Beers, D. G., Dawson, A. R. Z. & Gillette, J. E. (1859) Map of Ontario County, New York. Philadelphia: Published by A.R.Z. Dawson. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593229/.
MLA citation style:
Beers, S. N, et al. Map of Ontario County, New York. Philadelphia: Published by A.R.Z. Dawson, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593229/>.