Map Map of Schenectady County, New York
About this Item
- Map of Schenectady County, New York
- Fagan, L.
- Ramsay, Henry, surveyor.
- Dumcke & Keil.
Created / Published
- [Philadelphia?] : Published by L. Fagan, 1856.
- N.Y. [New York] : Engraved & printed by Dumcke & Keil.
- - Schenectady County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Schenectady County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Schenectady County--Maps
- - Schenectady (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Schenectady--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Schenectady--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Schenectady County
- - United States--New York (State)--Schenectady
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town boundaries/territories and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856 by L. Fagan in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, mounted on cloth backing, sectioned to 6 sheets, cloth-hemmed, north-central sheet imprinted on cloth backing with the figure of Neptune cum trident and with the words "Atlantic Fine Shirting", hand lettered "Schenectady, N.Y." in gray wash on cloth backing.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 558
- - Includes text, distance table, 6 village street insets, illustrations of prominent buildings, and large inset of "Schenectady City, surveyed by Henry Ramsay".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : color ; 103 x 138 cm, sheets 58 x 49 cm and 58 x 50 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.S4 1856 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fagan, L, Henry Ramsay, and Dumcke & Keil. Map of Schenectady County, New York. [Philadelphia?: Published by L. Fagan, . N.Y. New York: Engraved & printed by Dumcke & Keil, 1856] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593232/.
APA citation style:
Fagan, L., Ramsay, H. & Dumcke & Keil. (1856) Map of Schenectady County, New York. [Philadelphia?: Published by L. Fagan, . N.Y. New York: Engraved & printed by Dumcke & Keil] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593232/.
MLA citation style:
Fagan, L, Henry Ramsay, and Dumcke & Keil. Map of Schenectady County, New York. [Philadelphia?: Published by L. Fagan, . N.Y. New York: Engraved & printed by Dumcke & Keil, 1856] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593232/>.