Map Map of Westchester County, New York : from actual surveys
About this Item
- Map of Westchester County, New York : from actual surveys
- Contributor Names
- Merry, Frederick Carles, 1812-1900.
- Dripps, M. (Matthew)
- Keil, Valentine.
- Created / Published
- N.Y. [New York] : Published by M. Dripps, 1858.
- N.Y. : Printed by V. Keil & C. Fatzer.
- Subject Headings
- - Westchester County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Bronx (New York, N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Westchester County--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Westchester County
- - United States--New York (State)--Bronx (New York)
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names.
- - Also covers southern area that was detached from Westchester County in 1898 to form the Borough of The Bronx (part of New York City).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town territories.
- - Printed in NW/NE/SW/SE segments (sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, mounted on cloth backing, missing small sections at sheet edges.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 578
- - Includes illustrations of patriotic symbols and embellished map border.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 4 sheets : color ; 139 x 107 cm, sheets 77 x 56 cm or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.W5 1858 .M4
- G3803.W5 1858 .M4 Copy 2 on 2 sheets, mounted on cloth backing, trimmed at edges, part of title area cut-off/missing on southern sheet, rubber-stamped, annotated in ink and lead-pencil on cloth backing, sheets halved to enable folding.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Merry, Frederick Carles, M Dripps, and Valentine Keil. Map of Westchester County, New York: from actual surveys. [N.Y. New York: Published by M. Dripps, . N.Y.: Printed by V. Keil & C. Fatzer, 1858] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593240/.
APA citation style:
Merry, F. C., Dripps, M. & Keil, V. (1858) Map of Westchester County, New York: from actual surveys. [N.Y. New York: Published by M. Dripps, . N.Y.: Printed by V. Keil & C. Fatzer] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593240/.
MLA citation style:
Merry, Frederick Carles, M Dripps, and Valentine Keil. Map of Westchester County, New York: from actual surveys. [N.Y. New York: Published by M. Dripps, . N.Y.: Printed by V. Keil & C. Fatzer, 1858] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593240/>.
More Maps like this
MapSkecth [sic] of the road from Kings Bridge to White Plains. Scale ca. 1:32,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by hachures. Shows roads in Westchester and Bronx counties, New York and Hessian military units in Westchester County, some in more than one...
- Date: 1778
MapAtlas of the 24th ward, city of New York : from actual surveys and official records
Atlas of the twenty fourth ward, New York City Includes index. Annotations in pencil and colored ink on some maps. LC copy imperfect: Front and rear boards separated from binding. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Contributor: G.W. Bromley & Co. - Bromley, George Washington - Bromley, Walter Scott - Bourquin, F. (Frederick) - Mueller, A. H. (August H.)
- Date: 1882
MapBirds eye view of that portion of the 23rd and 24th wards of the city of ... Perspective map not drawn to scale. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 540 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2: 651/1; 700/1
- Contributor: Klein, William W. - Welcke, Robert A. - New York (City). Department of Street Improvements
- Date: 1897
MapMap of the village of Jamaica, Queens County, N.Y. : showing every lot and building. Cadastral map showing lot lines, property-owners' names, and planned streets. Depths shown by contours and soundings on Brooklyn map on verso. Imperfect: Fold-lined, torn at fold line, taped, water-stained in margins. Hand-col....
- Contributor: Dripps, M. (Matthew)
- Date: 1876
MapMap of Long Island City, Queens Co. N.Y. : showing farm lines &c. &c. : reduced ... Cadastral map showing lot lines, farm boundaries, property-owners' names, streetcar lines, planned streets, and street widths. Depths shown by soundings. Imperfect: Halved, mounted on cloth backing. Includes 2 island insets. Available also...
- Contributor: Dripps, M. (Matthew)
- Date: 1874